header link



I fight, I roto, I write, I photo.

Or, if you must, you can go back to my real website.


Thursday, October 11, 2012

Alexey

I met Alexey on Grindr.  For those who might not know what that is, Grindr is a mobile app that uses GPS, or the chips implanted at the bases of our skulls, to allow its users to chat and possibly meet people who are in close proximity.  And by "people" I truly mean "gay people."  You must know where that means, that everyone uses this app for sex, but not me, your intrepid photographer, which by the way feels like an innuendo waiting to happen, I only use it to lure unsuspecting models to my photographic lair.  Or something less creepy sounding.  Yeah.  Pretty much anything would be less creepy sounding.

So back to Alexey.  Turns out he was just a few blocks away and so I packed up my gear and headed over.  I didn't bring my own lighting so I improvised by returning to my lo-fi roots and going with a noirish feel.  My brother had a cat named Noir, but I wasn't thinking about that when I was shooting Alexey.

Alexey, Manhattan, 10.5.12
It was fun.  I hope to shoot Alexey again in a situation where I can better control my euphemisms, and the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment