header link



I fight, I roto, I write, I photo.

Or, if you must, you can go back to my real website.


Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lucas, shoot #1

Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11

I know Lucas from the gym, originally. In San Francisco, it's pretty easy to feel like you know someone just because you see them in the same place, at approximately the same time, every damn day of your life. Over the years, we worked our way up to a solid nod and occasional hello, culminating in, yes, an exchange of names. Eventually we ran into each other in a bar, and with my inhibitions sufficiently lowered, I approached and asked him about the possibility of a shoot. I'm really super shy and never do stuff like that, but I figured I had nothing to lose except a few more tattered shreds of dignity. He expressed interest but then it happened in that "didn't happen" way, and I moved away.

Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11
A year and a half later, he sent me an email, with no recollection that we were supposed to shoot together, and no knowledge that I had, in fact, moved away: "Haven't seen you in a while, but I just saw some work that you've done, it's quite beautiful."

That pretty much sums up my relationship with Lucas. 
 
Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11
I was touched and brought up the idea of the shoot again, believing it to be a lost cause, but he took the bait. I was living in Brooklyn at the time, but a few months later, when I moved back to San Francisco because I'm incapable of picking a coast and sticking to it, within days of my re-entry into the pacific time zone, I shot these photos of him. I would go on to shoot him two more times, as of this writing, and hope for more. (It's been discussed.)
Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11
Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11 
Lucas, San Francisco, 6.6.11




No comments:

Post a Comment